Wednesday 4 December 2013

Dissertation

The Wydevilles

I've spent the last couple of days researching for my dissertation. I am enjoying it but every now and then I feel overwhelmed by the amount of things I need to tick off my 'To Do List'

I sat in Starbucks yesterday before work and got through so much of Arlene Okerlund's book 'Elizabeth: England's Slandered Queen'. I can hardly put it down. This is a sheer pleasure to read. Okerlund's thorough research and examination of contemporary sources is truly educational and enlightening. I will most certainly be referencing this book in my dissertation, especially due to the attention to detail about the whole Wydeville family. 




This is also a fantastic book to read if you enjoyed reading or watching Philippa Gregory's 'The White Queen'. I know that some history books can be quite a chore to get through but I assure you, this isn't the case here. 
I would also recommend anything by Alison Weir and she has recently released a book on Elizabeth's daughter, Elizabeth of York. This is sure to be a treat! 

I will write in more detail about the history that fascinates me in my future blogs!

Dissertation aside... 


I've spotted something I want for Christmas from The National Portrait Gallery website! It's an Elizabeth I and her court calendar and is currently half price! I love it!!!

My dream calander


No comments:

Post a Comment